1. PrambananPrambanan is a temple complex, the largest in Indonesia, consisting of many separate temples in the typical Hindu style, as the main temple is 47 meters high. The complex is situated in the province of Java and was built in the 9th century. Being so ancient and beautiful provokes many tourists to go and visit the sacred place. The amazing architecture among the surrounding beauty of Indonesian nature landscape offers a view not to be missed and the feeling that you have the unique chance to touch such a spiritual place. That makes Prambanan one of the most world famous Hindu temples!
2. Tanah Lot, BaliBeing a miracle place itself, the island of Bali is famous also for its beautiful Tanah Lot temple. The Temple is a rock formed by the natural forces in the time and later transformed into picturesque architecture. In 1990 the temple became dangerous to the innumerable tourists, because the rock started to erode. A reconstructive work was provided and now Tanah Lot is safe and open for visitors, but part of it had been renewed using artificial rock. Of course this reconstruction is not visible and could not ruin the original beauty and uniqueness of the temple!
3. Bedugul, BaliBedugul is a resort area in the famous island of Bali, which is known all over the world for its climate and nature beauty. The place attracts tourists with amazing views, the lake Bratan and the beautiful Ulun Danu temple. The temple consists of four separate temples, and people visit it to enjoy the wonderful view, picturesque landscape and amazing architecture. In Bedugul there is also a botanical garden, open for visitors, which offers a wonderful collection of different plants, containing more than 2,000 species. Bedugul is an interesting place with various sites to visit.
4. BorobudurIn Central Java there is another monument, which has been attracting people with its beauty and uniqueness since centuries - Borobudur! This grand site is phenomenon and famous for the panels it is composed of - 2672 decorated panels! It also attracts tourists with its amazing collection of statues of Buddha - 504! It was built in the 9th century and walking the corridors is a journey that tourists will remember for life, because the walls are covered with relief panels telling different stories!
5. Lake TobaLake Toba is definitely one of the most famous sites in Indonesia - it is the largest lake with volcano origin in the world! The beautiful lake was created thanks to a volcano eruption that is believed to have caused climate changes and even affected the evolution. Lake Toba is a very attractive site because of the beauty of nature - amazing lake, surrounded by rainforest, the picturesque huts of the native people - bataks, with their tall roofs look like taken from a fairy tale. The whole district suggests innumerable options for sightseeing and vacation!
6. Mount BromoWhat more interesting and attractive for all nature and adventure lovers than a real active volcano - welcome to Mount Bromo! The volcano is located in a protected area and is an absolutely amazing sight. Lately it has erupted several times - in 2004, 2010 and 2011! Visiting an active volcano is quite a thrilling experience, but warnings should be taken under consideration and when authorities are warning about danger, tourists should be careful! Mount Bromo is not the highest, but definitely the most famous point of Tengger massif and one of the top ten tourist sites in Indonesia!
7. Goa Gajah, BaliGoa Gajah or the Elephant cave in Bali is one of the most interesting artefacts found in Indonesia. It is believed that it was built in the 9th century with the purpose to be a sanctuary. On the entrance of the cave tourists could see interesting creatures in the relief, and this is the origin of the name - one of the creatures resembles an elephant. There was also excavated a bathing place, which is also an artefact of biggest interest! Bali is famous all over the world as a tourist paradise and Goa Gajah is just one of its amazing sites!
8. The Mother Temple of Besakih, BaliThe eastern region of Bali is also famous with interesting places to visit and see - there is the Mother Temple of Besakih, nearby the village of Besakih. The complex consists of 22 temples, located on the mountain side of Mount Agung. This is also the biggest and the most sacred Hindu temple in Bali and whole Indonesia. It is considered that the temple complex was built in the 14th century. The place is a famous tourist attraction because of the amazing architecture style and typical Hindu statues and ornaments.
9. The National Monument, JakartaThe symbol of the Indonesian independence and liberty is situated in the central part of Jakarta - the National Monument. This gorgeous statue rises at 132 meters height and is emblematic for the city. There were three stages of building the monument, whose design by Frederich Silaban was chosen among many options, until it was finally finished in 1945. Today the National Monument is a famous touristic place, and important symbol for the nation!
10. Taman Sari Water Castle, YogyakartaTaman Sari or the water castle in Yogyakarta was a royal residence - a luxury complex for rest and relax of the royals, which was built in the 18th century. There are many interesting places to be seen in Taman Sari - an artificial pond, bathing complex, lake, pavilions and other amazing structures created to ensure comfortable rest of the residents. Now this is one of the most interesting tourist attractions in Indonesia, where people go to be close to the extravagant luxury of the complex.
Raju NL on 10 Mar 2012
jonathan on 30 Jun 2012
Leave a comment